TERMS OF THE FELLOWSHIP AGREEMENT
BIG PICTURE LEARNING/THE HARBOR FREIGHT FELLOWS INITIATIVE COMMITS TO:
- Providing logistical and material support to the Fellow, the Mentor, and Advisor.
- Providing a $1000 scholarship to the Fellow for successful completion of the Fellowship.
- Providing a tool allowance of up to $250 when appropriate and necessary.
- Providing the Mentor (or work site) a stipend of $500 for completion of the Fellowship.
- Providing the school support Advisor a stipend of $500 upon completion of the Fellowship.
AS A HARBOR FREIGHT FELLOW, I COMMIT TO:
- Being on time. I will communicate promptly any need to be tardy or absent.
- Following all work site rules and procedures, especially those concerning work/site safety.
- Participating in any research conducted by HFFI by completing all required documents.
- If practical, using ImBlaze to record my hours and accomplishments at the work site.
- Using my existing and newfound skills for the good of my community.
AS A MENTOR, I COMMIT TO:
- Mentoring the Fellow in their professional and personal growth.
- Providing hands-on, real-world learning and work opportunities at the work site.
- Supporting the fellow in entering a community of practice, and network of professionals.
- Maintaining professional expectations re: attendance, respect, and interactions with customers, the public, and fellow workers.
- Helping the Fellow plan his future.
- Participating in research by completing all documents required.
- Using the online tool ImBlaze to support the Fellowship, when practical.
AS A FELLOWSHIP ADVISOR, I COMMIT TO:
- Providing planning support in developing the youth’s individual program at the work site and the post-fellowship path in the Life Long Work Plan.
- Partnering with both Mentor and Fellow to facilitate a successful experience for both through timely communication and site visits.
- Serving as liaison with the HFFI director.
- Ensuring that all documents are submitted by Fellow, Mentor and self in timely manner.
- Providing a headshot photo of the Fellow and at least two photos of the Fellow and Mentor working together.
- Using the online tool ImBlaze to support both the Fellow and Mentor when practical.