NOTE; PLEASE SIGN & DATE BELOW
TERMS OF THE FELLOWS AGREEMENT
BIG PICTURE LEARNING/THE HARBOR FREIGHT FELLOWS INITIATIVE COMMITS TO:
- Providing logistical and material support to the Fellow, the Mentor, and the Fellowship Advisor.
- Providing a $1000 stipend to the Fellow upon completion of the Fellowship (120 hours and Fellowship
- Providing a tool allowance of up to $250 when deemed appropriate and necessary for the fellowship.
- Providing the Fellowship Mentor (or Fellowship work site) a stipend of $500 upon successful completion of the Fellowship.
- Providing the Fellowship support Advisor a stipend of $500 upon successful completion of the Fellowship.
- Providing all necessary guidance in the use of the Fellowship tracking tool, ImBlaze, and contribution to theproject’s website.
AS A HARBOR FREIGHT FELLOW, I COMMIT TO:
- Being on time! I will communicate promptly any need to be tardy or absent.
- Respecting my mentor’s time and energy by being attentive, ready to learn, and following any and all work site rules and procedures, especially those concerning work/site safety.
- Participating in developing my own Lifelong Learning Work Plan (LLWP).
- Mentoring future fellows, and others interested in their trade.
- Participating in any research conducted by HFFI.
- Maintaining a notebook to record thoughts, reflections, ideas, drawings, inspirations, plans and
anything else of value to my Fellowship.
- Faithfully using ImBlaze to record my hours worked and accomplishments at the work site.
- Using my existing and newfound skills for the good of my community.
AS A MENTOR, I COMMIT TO:
- Mentoring the Fellow in their professional and personal growth.
- Helping fellows to develop their competence in their chosen trade by providing hands-on, real-world learning and work opportunities at the work site.
- Supporting the fellow in entering a community of practice, a network of experts and practitioners doing
work in the Fellow’s area(s) of interest.
- Maintaining professional expectations regarding attendance, respect, and interactions with customers, thepublic, and fellow workers.
- Working with the HFFI staff to craft an individual LLWP for the Fellow.
- Participating in research (e.g., responding to questionnaires, giving interviews, and sharing documents) to help us improve and publicize the program.
- Use the online tool ImBlaze to support the Fellowship.
AS A FELLOWSHIP ADVISOR, I COMMIT TO:
- Providing planning support in developing the youth’s individual program at the work site and the post-fellowship path in the LLWP.
- Partnering with both Mentor and Fellow to facilitate a successful experience for both.
- Serving as liaison with the HFFI director.
- Providing photos and videos of the Fellow, Mentor, and work site for use on the HFFI website.
- Using the online tool ImBlaze to support both the Fellow and Mentor.